Friday, August 5, 2011

Dear Friday, Thanks for coming back! Is it 5 yet?

This week is kicking my ass. Just really tired. Looking forward to the end of the day.

Ran to Target after work last night. The one near me just added a really nice grocery section. And don't ya know they have a baked goods aisle with smaller portions. Great! Just want I want to avoid. Now I am expecting Aunt Flo in the next few days so of course that means I want to consume all things chocolate. I did good though, I grabbed a small bunch of bananas and some VitaTops! Had the banana on the way home and since I was still hungry and really wanted to try the VitaTops! So I grabbed on and put in front seat withmy water and banana. I call that a success. I avoided the super bad and went with a better choice.

Didn't make it to the gym last night but since I ran yesterday morning I don't mind so much. I use Mapmyrun to track my running. I can post it to Facebook and I can email my times to the blog. As you can see from the last few runs I posted I am not fast, I still have to walk a bit but I am slowly increasing my stamina. I have to remind myself of that sometimes. In March of this year I was still smoking and not excercising. 5 Months later I have quit smoking and have run my first 5k and continue to run and exercise. That is what keeps me going when I see that yes it takes me 15 min to run a mile but Damnit! I ran! [inser Flock of Seagulls song here]

Today is dragging. I reall want it to be Saturday morning so I can sleep. As much as I like how I feel after waking up early to run I am exhausted by Friday. I am changing my schedule at work so that I can go to the Spin Class on Wednesdays. Which means I have to be at work by 7:30. I think the spin class is worth it and since it's included in my gym membership. Monday the person who does Zumba is back but that is 6:30 so I can work a normal schedule and still make that class. Trying to vary my cardio routine. If the class is too full/I am running late I can still do cardio on the elliptical or the AMT. There is a seperate fee for Zumba but the 10 class punch card is only $30, money well spent in my opinion.

That's it for now as I should be doing other stuff.

No comments: