Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Success!!!

I moved to a very rural area and now have a 50 minute commute. The drive isn't so bad it helps me to unwind on the way home. However going to the gym sucks. I detour to Newington from Farmington work out then still have 30+ minute drive home. The sad thing is iI notice that my muscles start to cramp after being the car for so long. I don't go to the gym on the weekends because it's a 30 mile drive . If I have plans in the area I try to stop by after the gym. However that doesn't always work. I definitely was not getting the best out of my membership.

My new place is great and there is a little super market and there is a 24 hr gym next door. This is 2 miles from my house and 24 hrs. I looked at the membership last week and it's more than Planet Fitness but the proximity makes it so much better. And to be honest, it's a lot nicer inside than PF, has nicer equipment, classes. Definitely worth it. On the way home I cancelled PF and joined Anytime Fitness. I got my key card today.

I am planning on waking up early and running on my street. (my street is pretty long, I can do a 1.75 mile run down and back) I may double up on cardio tomorrow and go back and check it out a bit more. I need to call and make an appointment with the trainer and get an orientation on the machines.

As much as I hate waking up early in the morning I feel great when I start my day off with a run. I had only done a few weeks before vacation week and well, I didn't wake up at 5 am the week on was on vacation. I am slacker what can I say ;)

No comments: