Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fiber and my morning run

Back to logging food. I find it's the best way to keep me honest. I am not really counting calories but just watching the quality of food I eat. I follow South Beach but I have found that when I fall off the wagon it's for carbs so I am trying to add more to my diet. The healthy kind of course ;) Yay for Whole Grains!


I picked up some Kashi Go Lean the other day. I had it for the first time this morning. It's really very good. I was afraid that the "fiber twigs" wouldn't taste good but it was delicious with a bit of almond milk.

I am totally hooked on the almond milk for my coffee. Not as creamy as half and half but a much better flavor. I picked up rice milk as well and I will try that next. Trying to find healthier alternatives to milk and dairy. Some places I don't mind avoiding dairy but I gotta have animal milk cheese. It's pretty high in fat (and protein). Life is all about finding balance.

Actually woke up at 5 ish went for a run with my neighbor. I almost bailed but I could have sworn I heard noises on her side of the house (it's a duplex) so I didn't want to bail if she was already awake. 1.83 miles in 29.45 minutes. I did the first mile in about 15 min however on the way back there is an "oh shit" hill, that kills me. Since I didn't run at all while I was on vacation last week. It was painful. My legs were feeling it but I run a little further everytime. I am slow but I am doing it and that is what counts. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

No comments: