Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Finally a post with content

I have been really good about getting up twice a week with my neighbor and run with her. That is until I had a week off and it was the hottest week of the summer. No working out, no running. That's okay. I will start back up when I go back go to work.

I recently moved to Colchester and my gym was in Newington (almost 20 miles away) I was doing pretty good on going regularly. But I know that when I have late nights at work I don’t hit the gym. I go home to take the dog out then sit on my butt watching TV. There is a gym that is so close to my house and is 24 hrs a day. It’s about $40 a month which is double what I was paying but I think it is far more realistic that I will go to this gym when the weather is bad or I have late nights. I can run home, take the dog out, change and then hit the gym. It’s actually really nice and has nice equipment. I like the idea of doing stuff locally. The last town I lived in, I lived there 5 years and did nothing locally. This town makes me more relaxed. A lot more rural than I am used to but I find it so relaxing and peaceful.

I have been drinking a lot of iced tea lately. Unsweetened. This is the stuff. http://www.republicoftea.com/product.aspx?p=V00730 I am addicted.


Herb Tea for Weight Control - Losing weight is all about moderation, expending energy, curbing sugar cravings, and being well. That's why, if you're thinking thin, this caffeine-free blend is for you.

Based on health-promoting, organic rooibos, it includes tropical banaba leaf, cinnamon and carob which satisfy the appetite, providing craving control*. Carob and gymnema leaves help to tame your sweet tooth and the urge to indulge.


I am hooked on cooking shows lately. I like Bitchin Kitchen and Mexican Made Easy. Bitchin Kitchen is funny. I like her. I think we could go out for a few beers. Mexican Made Easy makes everything so delicious. Since the only Mexican food I know how to make is what my mommie made its nice to have alternatives. The host is actually from an area in Mexico where my mom used to live. Baja. My brother was actually born there.



So the 5k I did was on July 9th. Here are photos. I crossed the finish line! My friends and I were dead afterwards. Here is proof!

No comments: