Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake




An earthquake hit south of Washington DC. 437+ miles away I felt it at work. I was on the phone and suddenly was getting motion sickness. (which never happens) then everyone around me was commenting on it. We decided to self evacuate. We all headed outside and we are checking facebook and news sites with our phones. After about 15 minutes we came back inside. My sister lives in Brooklyn, NY. I called her and she is okay she is actually in upstate right now for work and felt something there. I am sure the other sister who lives in San Francisco doesn't think this was a strong earthquake, but I guess my questions is this, how strong was the earthquake that we felt it so far away.

My prayers go out to the people in Mineral Virginia. Hoping everyone is safe there.

No comments: