Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Addict!

Rough couple of days. Saturday I did a so-so run with my failing sneakers. Nothing on Sunday. Got new shoes on Monday, no gym. Tuesday morning I woke up to run with my new sneakers. Well, it's getting darker and darker in the mornings. My neighbor couldn't run she did something to her back so I was on my own. Too Dark for a real run. So I went to work early. Which wasn't a great idea because it turned into a 12 hr day and I didn't have enough snacks. Finally went to gym tonight, got there too late for spin class. It had started when I got there and I didn't want to interrupt since it takes me so long to set up. So I ran a bit in my new sneakers

(I live in a rural area, no street lights. It was scary dark. I think it's the end of morning runs, at least for now. Want to check with my neighbor first.)

Worked a 12 hr day yesterday, stopped by Taco Bell on the way home. I got some stuff off the Fresco Menu. First of all, the food was good. I really enjoyed it. This morning I checked the nutrition info. Not nearly as much as I thought. Very reasonable nutrition wise and more satisfying than a burger. As much as I don't like fast food I will definitely do this again as back up when I am running late.

Just talked to neighbor, we are going to give mornings 1 more try. Her hubby got a reflective wrist thing and I have a flashing light that attaches to clothes that I got from the 5k in July. Maybe we will stay on our street vs going to the main road. If it's dark it won't be so bad on a not busy road.

I was planning to go back to Dallas for Thanksgiving. My cousin has started running and getting fit. She and I are going to do a 5k on Thanksgiving if I go. I can't wait. Kind of excited for my family to see how much better I am now.

I live on a road with a lake. This is half my from my house. I love where I live!
This is a picture from the causeway that is my road. This was about 6:45 this morning.


No comments: