Friday, August 17, 2012

Guilt at the Grocery Store

Went grocery shopping last night. It's been awhile since I  have been to Trader Joes so I went a little bit crazy. Combined with working late unexpectedly and I was hungry. At the regiester I thought it would be $200. Ended up being $180 but there is a lot of stuff I don't buy all the time. I also got snacks for work.  Seems like a lot now but ultimately cheaper and better than the vending machine. Picked up trail mix for the first time. I have had it before but hadn't really thought of it as a work snack. 

Why do I feel  mega guilty when I buy lots of groceries? The food gets eaten. I rarely buy lunch at work/go out for lunch. And I buy lots of healthy snacks/options, so of course it's more expensive. Ugh!

I guess with the realization that I want to buy a house I am trying to take a realistic look at what I spend. Now if only I could feel this guilty about paying for a gym membership I barely use!

No comments: